Friday, January 22, 2010

Dressing like a grown-up for church

Speaking of dressing up for church; this was my ensemble this past Sunday. We celebrated the Great Blessing of the Waters, in preparation for the upcoming Feast of Theophany.

I’m wearing a lamb’s wool sport coat that I picked up a few years at Belk’s in Chattanooga. It has certainly seen enough use to justify its $79.00 purchase price, but every time I wear it now I can’t help but notice the most unnatural shoulder. I’m certain I’ll replace it with something from a thrift store soon enough. Don’t get me wrong, it looks sharp and all, but the shoulder just doesn’t seem a little out of place with the button-down shirt and khakis that accompany it.

I paired the jacket with my newly thrifted, green oxford cloth button-down and a recently eBay’d vintage Land’s End tie in navy with pink and green stripe (note the Brooks #1 stripe pattern rip-off).

No comments:

Post a Comment