Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A letter to my lovely wife

Dear Lovely Wife,

Please don’t kill me for buying another jacket. It’s a blue hopsack blazer. Two-button, darted, fully lined. Fits me much better than the other one I bought at Goodwill. $4.99. I promise I won’t by any more sport coats or blazers for a long, long time (unless I find a blue flannel blazer that fits me). Love, The Husband.

(I’d rather find another sack blazer instead of a darted one, but who are we kidding? On my frame, darts aren’t so bad, plus the shoulders are pretty natural. I’m not sure if it’s a wool-blend or straight up poly. There’s no tag with the materials on it, so I can maintain plausible deniability. Either way, it looks pretty sharp, and I’m more likely to wear it than my other one, so I believe that qualifies it as a good purchase.)

No comments:

Post a Comment